Yummy Yumsters

posted on: 5.20.2011

My pizza cravings have finally been fulfilled! The last couple times I've made pizza, I used this honey whole wheat recipe for the crust. I was actually going to try a different recipe this time, but we had all the ingredients for this one, and I was lazy to go get other ingredients for a different dough.

P1020389 
Spinach and roasted red pepper toppings on top of vegan mozzarella.

P1020391

Vegan Banana Muffins
P1020392
P1020404P1020399
P1020414
My mom has a great banana bread recipe, so I used that as the basis for these vegan banana muffins. This was my first time using coconut oil; it gave the muffins a nice coconutty flavor, which worked for this recipe, but I think it could overpower flavors in other recipes.

Ingredients
- 2 c whole wheat flour
- 1 c oat flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 c sugar
- 3 flax eggs (3 tbsp flax + 6 tbsp water)
- 3/4 c applesauce
- 1/4 c coconut oil
- 5 mashed bananas

1. Mix the dry ingredients together.
2. Mix the flax eggs, applesauce, and coconut oil in a separate bowl.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry. Add bananas.
4. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
**Baking time depends on what you pour the batter into. The mini muffin tin was done in about 20 minutes, while the regular size one took 30 minutes.  
**For the frosting, I eyeballed some Tofutti cream cheese with a bit of powdered sugar.

0 comments:

Post a Comment