Pumpkin Raisin Scones

posted on: 10.22.2011

I love scones and pumpkin season! So when I saw the HH's whole wheat pumpkin cranberry scone recipe, I knew I had to try it. My favorite thing about Happy Herbivore recipes is that they are oil free. I couldn't believe how simple this recipe was; I kept thinking there were more ingredients on the list. 
I ended up substituting raisins for cranberries (since we didn't have any) and didn't need to use any almond milk. The verdict? They were fabulous! I think typical scones tend to be more flaky, but these were amazingly soft and chewy. They weren't too sweet, and I sprinkled additional sugar on top, but it would be perfect with a drizzle of icing too.

P1030796
P1030804
P1030806
P1030807
P1030811

5 comments:

  1. I love scones and pumpkin flavor, so these just are making me drool! They look so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I wish there had been better lighting, but I made them later in the day. .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely going to have to try these! New follower from followers fest :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is going to sound ridiculous.. but I never knew how scones got their signature triangle shape.
    Now I do. Thank you!! ;)

    ReplyDelete